Although liposuction is a commonly performed surgery, it is still an invasive procedure and can have some risks. However, in the hands of a skilled plastic surgeon, liposuction in Dubai can be an efficient way to remove stubborn, unwanted fat from various parts of a body, including the abdomen, buttocks, thighs, back, other areas. Here are a few things you should know before having the procedure done.
– Liposuction is not for weight loss: Liposuction is a tool to help reshape your body, especially when diet and exercise cannot help you lose fat deposits in targeted areas. It is usually done on individuals with healthy lifestyles, not for people who are excessively overweight. It is commonly prescribed for people who are already at their optimal weight.
– There are limits: Only so much fat can be safely removed from an individual at a time and there are certain areas of the body that cannot be reshaped by liposuction. Be realistic about what you want to achieve and have a candid discussion with your surgeon to fully understand what results are possible.
– Fat can grow back: If you think that liposuction is a miracle operation that can eliminate your fat permanently, you have been misinformed. Liposuction is an amazing procedure that can assist you with trouble areas, but fat cells can come back if you do not maintain a healthy lifestyle. This includes watching what you eat and drink and getting a moderate amount of regular exercise.
– Fat can be harvested: Liposuction is regularly used with other procedures, such as a Brazilian butt lift or to add volume to a patient’s lips. The fat removed from other parts of your body is then filters and prepped for reinsertion. However, these kinds of procedures can only use the fat cells from the patient they were harvested from.
– Eyes wide open: Some forms of liposuction may require a patient to be put under general anesthesia. However, in any case, the procedure is done with a local anesthetic, so the patient is fully awake and alert during the process.
– One size does not fit all: There are several different tools a surgeon can use in the liposuction process. Suction Assisted Liposuction (SAL) uses a narrow tube to suck out the fat cells. Power-Assisted Liposuction (PAL) uses vibration, lasers or fluid to break up and remove more firm or dense fat. Your surgeon will be well versed on what tool to use for your particular procedure.
– Complications: You may feel contouring asymmetry, fluid accumulation, bruising, and/or some mild pain after your method. These are all normal circumstances that are usually resolved over time without additional medical assistance.
However, as discussed previously, this is an invasive surgery that does come with other opportunities. Your specialist should be happy to discuss any questions you may have.
– The future: As new technology and methods become possible, patients may be capable of achieving exceptional outcomes with less risk, possibly even quicker healing times. For now, an experienced surgeon of cosmetic surgery Dubai can help you achieve the results you’re looking for with minimal if any, complications.